SAVOR



This is the fourth year I have chosen to forgo the idea of resolutions and instead choose a word of the year! A word that I want to define my year. A word to keep in mind that will encourage growth and understanding..
Last year my word was EMBRACE.
I couldn't have chosen a better word for the year. I learned so much about the gospel, my marriage, and myself. I learned to embrace anything and everything that comes with being pregnant. The good and the bad. I learned to embrace the trials I may face in life for the purpose that I will learn something from every single one. I learned to embrace my changing body and the miraculous things it would do before, during, and after labor. I learned to embrace the pain and trial that came with breastfeeding as well as learning how having a tongue tied baby is, how to fix it, and what to do next. We bought a new home, Nu'u enrolled in school that he will start in 2 weeks, and we have both learned what it really means to be in love, with each other and our perfect little boy! This year has been absolutely unforgettable and one I will talk about and love for the rest of my life! <3

On to 2015....
I know I'm a little late but I really wanted my word this year to have meaning. I really wanted to get the most out of my word this year. I am looking forward to the first full year as a mom, the 2nd full year as a wife and the many more "firsts" to come for Charlie.

My word this year is...
Savor (v):

enjoy or appreciate (something pleasant) completely, especially by dwelling on it.
"she wanted to savor every moment"

I am looking forward to so much and at the same time wanting time to slow down already. My little strong boy is already 3 months and time has just flown! Sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday that I gave birth and we brought him home for the first time and other times I feel like we have had this baby forever and I forget what life was like without him. I want to live EVERY single day this year. I don't want to miss a thing. I want to really take in every first, every stage, and every passing day. I know it's gonna feel like tomorrow that Charlie turns one and I'm so scared for that day. As much as I want him to grow up, see him crawl, stand and walk. Hear his first words and watch him play his first sports, I also want him to stay little forever. I love the time I get with him now just nestled to my bosom as he takes in his life support! I get to spend hours a day just staring at him. Learning about his every move, every expression, every mood, and every cry. I have fallen in love with him more and more every single day and I know for a fact that that's never going to stop. He cuddles with me when he's tired and never stops smiling when he's awake! He laughs at his daddy like it's his job and recently has found his own head of hair! He run his fingers through his hair while he eats and yanks on it a little when he cries. He LOVES to play and puts himself to sleep in his crib. He is so full of love and joy and I want to snuggle him forever! I know it won't be long before he never sits still and never wants to be in my lap. I hope he'll always snuggle me though. I love this boy more than anything and have also fell more and more in love with my buff, handsome husband watching him be a daddy! It has been such a blessing to have him by my side through it all. I really can't imagine doing any of this by myself.

Over the next year I truly want to SAVOR every moment. Every smile, every laugh, every good time and every bad. I want to continue to learn about my son and also about his daddy. I have been so beyond blessed with every aspect of my life and I want to also savor that. My blessings. And work to thank my Heavenly Father more often in prayer and be an example to those around me. I want to work every day at being the best mom I can be and teaching my son about the most important things in life. Family, Love, and the Gospel.

Cheers to a new year and lots of new life lessons! I pray I can savor every single moment, weather good or bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Top Tips for Pregnancy Survival!

Charlie meets the dentist...

Breastfeeding Survival!