Is this REAL LIFE?!

February 5, 2014 I knew 3 things for sure. I was 2 days late on my period. I had been cramping for 4 (which usually only happens for 2 before I start). And we tried ONCE! (once meaning one cycle)
My husband left for the gym at about 9:30-45 and I was leaving the house at 11 ish to go to the temple with Karyssa Lytle. When I got out of the shower I planned on taking the test but due to emptying my bladder before taking a shower I couldn't pee! HA! Just my luck. I didn't want my husband to know I was gonna take the test so I put everything away and headed off to the temple! Of course I couldn't keep my mouth shut and told Karyssa what I was thinking about and that there was a chance! So leaving the temple she reminded me again to go right home, take the test, and let her know! haha
When I got home from the temple I had about a half an hour to get ready for the UNLV game against Boise State. So I ran in to the bathroom, took the test out of the box and went to take it in the guest bathroom (so my husband wouldn't know). You are supposed to wait for like 2 minutes or something for the test to process. So thinking I had enough patience I went on thinking I'll check when I finish getting ready. Well. I got my pants on. That was it. And broke. haha I found myself running back to the guest bathroom to check on that test. BEST PART. With pants on. No shirt. I walk out to the kitchen with my hands behind my back. My husband turns to look at me, with arguably the biggest grin on my face I've ever had! I say to him "I have something to tell you" he said "do I already know?" I said "umm I don't know?" haha he said "am I gonna be a DADDY?" and I just started screaming. And after 30 seconds the screams turned in to tears, a bunch of kisses, hugs, more kisses and those infamous giggles. It was an amazing feeling!
THEN we had to continue with the night! We had tickets to one of the VIP suites for the game that night and of course ended up in our own seats by half time anyway. One of my best friends Skylar joined us at the game that night with her best friend/sister Alix Burton, her boyfriend Chris and their daughter Lybee and Chris' sister. I met them at the front door to give them their tickets and (shocker) didn't last all of 2 minutes before I told Skylar the news…. I got in trouble for that. Sorry babe but I was TOO excited! So that night I went to my second family's house, the Owens' and told them the news. Are you wondering why I haven't mentioned my parents yet? Well just my luck, they were in Hawaii when we got our news and I wasn't gonna tell them bout their first grandchild over the phone! They were coming home that next Wednesday so after telling my second family I held off on really telling anyone else before they got home.
Wednesday night at almost midnight my parents got home from Hawaii! Nu'u and I went on a date to Color Me Mine (a pottery painting place) like 3 months ago and I made a little plaque for my dad, just waiting for this day. 

So monday we went and bought some wood so I could make something cute for my mom! I am VERY proud of the sign I made her in such a short period of time. 


So we hid our car in the back. Turned enough lights on to be able to see their faces but not too much to seem like someone was there and we hid! Cameras rolling of course! This is what they saw when they walked in……
After we told mom and dad it was time to move on to making it public! We decided when we found out that we were gonna announce it on Valentines Day! So I contacted my cute little photographer and on Friday this was posted on instagram/Facebook/twitter...

I absolutely cannot wait for this baby and all the adventures to come along with being pregnant and soon enough first time parents! I'm in love with my life and everyone in it and I'm so excited for this new chapter in our lives! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Top Tips for Pregnancy Survival!

Charlie meets the dentist...

Breastfeeding Survival!