They say your last fun birthday is 21....


I would beg to differ....I don't think it could get any better than this. 

A year ago, on my 21st birthday, 3 days before I got married, I found out that my last living grandparent had suddenly passed away. In his last couple months he had been diagnosed with Lung Cancer and not expected to get any better. We knew he was on his road to return home, we just didn't realize how quick it would be. My dad called me while out to lunch with the missionaries to let me know of the news. It was a shock, but due to my location I didn't have time to sit and think about it or get emotional. I'm 3 days away from arguably the best day of my life, and that was all I could think about. We had an appointment soon after lunch to have our engagement pictures taken, (I know kinda late but we didn't have a choice) I had gone through the temple just that Saturday before for the first time ever, needless to say I was on a spiritual and emotional high. The best thing that has ever happened to me is living a pretty stress free life. Little things make me upset or angry and when something doesn't go as planned, if I even planned it in the first place, my first reaction is to just figure it out. My dad said something (his dad is the one who passed) just 3 days later at our wedding luncheon that really changed my perspective on things. Not that I was upset or truly saddened by what had happened, I knew Grandpa was in a better place and that he was no longer suffering, that was enough to keep my spirits up. Perhaps I hadn't looked at it this way, "I really think he wanted to see McCall get sealed". I then, knew of my dad's great faith and his unwavering knowledge that Grandpa was in fact there, with my other 3 deceased grandparents, to witness the best day of my life. I am blessed.

Now, a year later, my birthday and celebrations were much different. I've now been married 3 days shy a year, I am pregnant with the biggest blessing I've yet received and I am 22. The last year has been the best days I have ever had. I have smiled more, loved more, cried more, and felt more love than I ever have in my whole life. I've never felt so unselfish as to have given my body to this growing baby in order for him to grow and strive and nourish as much as needs be before he enters this world. I have had the blessing of watching people walk both in AND out of my life. I have truly realized who and where true friends are when you need them and who they look to when they need me. I have been able to offer words of advice and also need that word. I have had the absolute pleasure to love, care for, pray for and support a man that has completely captured my heart. I have had the opportunity to go back and attend that temple as often as I could and continue to do work for those who have passed on. I have also had the outstanding opportunity to share my struggles and triumphs with someone who has become absolutely priceless to me and pray she continues to follow the same path I have. We have had the opportunity to move twice, purchase a home, purchase two cars, travel a lot, see the church history sights and begin our journey in attending every temple in the world. I have been absolutely blessed and will always argue, 21 is NOT your last fun birthday. Because NOTHING is more important than LOVE and LIFE.



I spent this birthday dinner at  The Cheesecake Factory with my stud, my unborn stud, a good friend, and my best friend. We had a great night and I was thankful it ended early so I could get home to packing for our BABYMOON! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

5 Top Tips for Pregnancy Survival!

Charlie meets the dentist...