Tonga boy meets a dentist before returning to TONGA!

Member how this whole blog is supposed to be about the adventures of being married to a polynesian boy? This is the reason I get SO excited to post about stuff that is unique to that specific circumstance!

So today Nu'u had his teeth cleaned for the first time. She didn't go too deep on him because she knew it wasn't gonna get all done in one visit. He also had to get a couple fillings done and will have to get a couple more in a few weeks! It is so funny to me that something I have been doing and used to for as long as I can remember can be so foreign to someone at 24. He was absolutely adorable though and honestly had really good looking teeth for never having been cleaned before! Tongans usually have pretty good teeth so that's good! Now on to the hard part of dentistry........WISDOM TEETH. That just made you grunt to even read. Because maybe it reminds you of when you got yours out? My surgery actually went really well, I was eating pizza the next day and only took pain meds for one day. Of course I got a dry socket because I wasn't careful but whatever! haha I told my husband about getting a dry socket and it's safe to say he is more than prepared to be EXTRA careful! The good thing for him is that his teeth are already surfacing and breaking skin so when he gets them out it will be more like pulling teeth than like major surgery. They most likely won't have to drill into his jaw bone at all! Lucky duck! So he gets his wisdom teeth out wednesday and shortly after that we leave for TONGA! We absolutely cannot wait for our trip for Nia's wedding (my sister-in-law). We are so excited to see his family and Nu'u is stoked to be HOME! I love being there with him because I get to see a whole different side of, comfortable and at ease, speaking his own language and living his own way! It's a different light to see him in that sometimes I miss being here in the states. Yes of course "this is his home now" but there's just a different level of understanding I get to engage in when I get to see him in his own element. I hope that we continue to get the chance to go back and visit when we have kids and everything, as often as possible, because I never want to take him away from his family or his culture.


Until next time, cheers to our Tonga adventure! The first time we get to travel there TOGETHER! I am so excited :]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

The baby boy's GRAND entrance!

Farewell LuLaRoe!