Rugby, Beach, DISNEYLAND!

Talk about a fun filled LOADED trip to California. It was the first time my husband had really been anywhere in California. He took one trip before to Pasadena for ruby but we went there and back. No beach, no "pretty" parts, no fun! haha So this trip was much much different.

Saturday, early morning, we left for Santa Barbara! Nu'u played his last game of the season there and played SO well. It was at a beautiful park on the hillside of the mountain there and we had so much fun! They had a little BBQ after because the home team was also playing their last match of the season. They had hot dogs and beer (for the drinkers) and yummy salad!



We left Santa Barbara following the game and BBQ and hiked our way back the Newport side! We stayed right on Balboa Bay in a beautiful hotel. We listened to conference every time we got the chance in the car because we got it on satellite radio. We couldn't find it in the hotel so driving out in the morning then back up the coast to Newport we got to listen to a lot of it. It was kind of awesome to listen to conference in that setting, driving the beautiful coast of California and having nothing but conference playing to listen to. No more distractions than that on the road. It was really nice. So Sunday after morning conference we spent the rest of the day for the most part on the beach. Nu'us first time to the beach there. He liked it for the most part. He had lots of fun taking pictures with our new camera of me on the beach.
Then of course I got really excited when I got to see my favorite animal on the planet just strolling along the beach...
Pictures could not do justice the size of the dolphin pod swimming by and how active they were on the top of the water. It was SO awesome. I'm glad I got some pictures of them even though I am not the greatest photographer! It was pretty awesome.


Monday had to be one my favorite days in life so far. If you know anything about my husband it is the fact that he is the biggest kid in ALL the land. He LOVES disney movies and is quick to tell you Beauty and the Beast is the first movie he ever saw in his whole life and still one of his favorites. Sunday after spending time at newport, we got off the beach for a little while and went down to Huntington just for their cute shops. We had lunch there at a place called Longboard Restaurant and Bar and it was SO good! Then of course we walked by the cute T-shirt shop there looking for shirts to wear to disney and was pleasantly surprised on our findings. Not only did they have disney stuff but we could basically make our own shirts! They had T-shirt and sweatshirts and all sorts of things for sale and the designs were separate. So you choose the article of clothing then decide what you want to put on it. This is what we came up with..


My parents met us at the park Monday morning and spent the day with us. Dad had business in California Tuesday and Thursday and that's why this trip got planned. When they got in we went straight to Soarin' over California! Mom's favorite ride there in California Adventure. Nu'u and I had only ridden the Mater ride in cars land so far because we got there a little later than we had planned and the racers was SUPER backed up so we didn't ride it then..we spent most the day riding the rides that I could and that mom and dad enjoy: Pirates and Haunted mansion. After a lunch/turkey leg break we rode Thunder Mountain before walking over to Fantasy Land and riding Mr. Toads and the tea cups. Then we made our way over to Tomorrow Land and watched the Captain EO show with Michael Jackson. After that we were pretty pooped. Mom and Dad headed back to the hotel, Nu'u and I grabbed a bite to eat at ESPN Zone in downtown disney and caught some of the championship game and then headed back ourselves!
Tuesday we went by ourselves and took the most of our pictures while Nu'u went around and filled pages in his autograph book from all the characters he met!
We got a lot of positive comments on them and of course every time we took pictures with characters it got interesting...








We had a FANTASTIC time in Disneyland. The little boy to my right was unbelievably excited about it all. He was the 5 year old with the autograph book and that's all he wanted to do was find the characters! And eat turkey legs of course! If you're wondering what I did about rides, being pregnant, I decided that for the most part I could do everything but the roller costers. Indiana Jones would have been most up in the air but it was close anyway (blessing in disguise?) I'd say the ride that actually FELT the worst was Mr. Toads. Although it's a kid ride it was the most jerky. I rode the new racers ride at Cars Land and I swear to you that is my new favorite ride in all of California adventure! It was AWESOME!

Even though my hand is directly over my face.....This was priceless! <3

And as for the 24 year old little boy I had with me, my favorite part of the whole entire adventure was the CONSTANT smile on his face!
This whole trip and weekend was just to die for. We had an insane amount of fun. We drove home wednesday afternoon to visit a friend in the hospital who is all better now thank goodness! Until next time Disney!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

The baby boy's GRAND entrance!

Farewell LuLaRoe!