Catching up on poly baby...

Well. To my dear friends who get on often to check my blog I am TRULY sorry. This is the longest I have gone without updating since I've been married but I promise I have good reasoning. I did also try to get on once and give you some kind of update and ended up falling asleep at my computer. Pathetic I know. So here it is!

I am pregnant! If any of you missed the announcement go look! And if you didn't go look again! haha I loved how everything turned out on Valentine's Day for announcing our new arrival! And the excitement for the most part has still not left me. I am now officially 11 (almost 12) weeks along and coming down from the morning sickness weeks. Whoever started calling it morning sickness is a liar. It's all day, nothing tastes good, sleep all day, sickness.

Something interesting about me being adopted, (have you read that story? Adoption) is that I know almost nothing about my medical history and since the reason I was adopted was my parents not being able to have children I cannot get much from my mom from personal experience. I wish that I could because I've never really had anything I couldn't ask her about. If you know my mom you know this to be true, homemaking, decorating, cooking, nutrition, etc. So sometimes it's hard cause I really just want my mom to tell me "well this is how it was for me" and I would have someone with my blood who knows what I'm going through. With that being said, I think this pregnancy is even more special and exciting for her than it is for me. It is still (30 years later) painful for her that she was never able to have children and because of that she is being ABSOLUTELY amazing to me through this all. From asking what I need to just wanting to listen to all the weird things going on. Even if she was able to have be and had been pregnant before she wouldn't know what it is like to have an app on your phone that gives you weekly updates on what is new in baby's growth, what baby is experiencing this week, what I am experiencing this week and more! It is awesome and my favorite thing ever right now. It also gives me daily tips on things I should be doing from catching up with other moms, keeping track of weight gain, and shopping lists of what to have always! So needless to say this isn't just a fun experience and a first for me, it is for my mom too and I think she is enjoying being able to vicariously live through me!

So the update I tried to give you a while ago was at 8 weeks. I'm sure you are interested and waiting for my weekly (bi-weekly) posts and I promise they are planned! I have decided to do something fun, every post I will answer a certain group of questions that will give you an update and be able to compare from weeks before. We are of course, as well doing belly pictures with fruit but I don't think I am going to post them until they are done in one big strip!

That means that your updates on me and baby every week will include these questions and probably a little something extra about what's been going on and doctors app and stuff.

In case any of you forgot, we are still SO excited about this addition and have some crazy things coming up that make life even that much better!


11 Weeks.
How far along? 11 weeks and 4 days.
Baby is the size of: a LIME!
Maternity clothes? None yet. I have read a lot about belly bands and I think I will try them out. Other than that I almost guarantee I will be living in dresses and maxi skirts. Which is TOTALLY fine with me! :]
Sleep: I toss and turn all night and get up 2-3 times to pee but once I lay comfortable I fall right back asleep for the most part. I don't feel like I've lost too much sleep......now the need of naps is a different story!
Best moment this week: My husband laid his ear on my tummy one morning when I hadn't gotten out of bed yet and said he could hear almost "swimming" like sounds. Made me smile.
Missing Anything? I'm missing being able to do whatever I want whenever I want! haha between my husband and my body they won't let me do anything! If I'm up to early I feel sick all day. If I wake up later I usually do a little better but it still isn't long till I need a nap. Today I REALLY wanted to get my laundry put away. I got 10 minutes in and felt like I was gonna throw up. So I took a break. I haven't gotten back to it :/
Movement? Yes, well I'm told baby is moving a lot but I can't feel it yet!
Food Cravings? Salty/sour says boy and that's everything! It's not necessarily craving anything weird or wanting anything randomly but if I see things that I wouldn't usually eat they look delicious and I have to have them!
Feeling Sick? YUP! It's starting to subside a little and I have been REALLY lucky to not throw up much, just be nauseous all day but even that is starting to let up. It comes and goes less frequently than it was but hasn't completely gone away..
Gender: 5 more weeks! :D
Labor Signs: Not even close!! haha
Belly Button? In
Wedding Rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody? Ask my husband! haha I think I'm happy most the time! Let's say this, I don't find myself being any more moody than I was before I got pregnant! haha
Looking forward to: My next doctors app! Which is this coming friday and we should be getting our first ultrasound! :]



I will continue to keep you updated. I picked certain weeks for now that are a little farther apart and as we get farther along they will be more often! I cannot wait for this journey to continue! I am really trying to savor every moment and take nothing for granted because I know it won't be long till I don't have much time or energy on my hands! But I will love every second of that baby too! Cheers to a pregnant momma bear and keeping track of my adventures! Thank you to the friends that have and will stick by me every step of the way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

The baby boy's GRAND entrance!

Farewell LuLaRoe!