I didn't forget about Valentine's Day!

With all the craziness of announcing our news Valentines Day lost a LITTLE bit of importance to me this year. It was more important than any other day in my life but not necessarily because of the holiday... I honestly would not have been too upset if Nu'u did nothing BUT, I cannot believe how much effort my husband put in to LITERALLY his first Valentines day ever. Member he's from Tonga? Yeah they don't celebrate most of "American" holidays. He heard about Valentines for the first time on his mission! So even then he didn't really know how it works cause obviously on his mission he wasn't catering to a girl! Haha so anyway, he says to me the night before "I hope you're not expecting anything bit tomorrow, you do remember it's my first Valentines?" And of course I tried to comfort him by saying I know, I'm not expecting much. What do you even do for boys? I bought him tickets to Boys2Men in Vegas this Friday but other than that I didn't do anything. No flowers or decorating or anything. I mean I guess I coulda washed his dirty truck! ;)
Well. At 3 am Valentines morning I woke up having to pee and thirsty. I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water and shortly after realized there was no one in the house....including Kona who was sleeping outside (cause he wanted to). So I figured out that my husband was gone doing whatever he was doing for Valentines. Let me also add, I was supposed to work 10:30-6 on Thursday, the day before Valentines, and when I got called off he gently hinted to me that he had a lot to do that was planned for me at work. So I ruined some of his plans....
I ran back to bed and tried to go to sleep before he got home so I could act like I never woke up. When he got home I was up, I heard him unlock and open the front door, put some things on the counter and then start working on something in the kitchen. And yes, I'm still trying really hard to fall asleep.
All of the sudden he comes in our bedroom, checks if I'm asleep, which I'm faking, and starts dropping things on our bed. I'm thinking chocolates or something? No. I slowly wake up and turn around to him (acting like I just woke up) and he tells me to go back to sleep. Not before I look around and see beautiful coral rose pedals all over our bed!



I get a HUGE smile on my face, tell him thank you SO much, kiss him, and roll over trying to go back to sleep. I did end up falling back asleep. I wake up to a half dozen roses on my night stand with a heart shaped box of chocolates.

On the floor next to that there is two stuffed animal pups with UNLV ball caps on their head. (I wore one of them already)

Thinking that the surprises are over, I walk out to the living room to bring Nu'u to bed (he didn't want to come to bed and ruin the rose pedals so he slept out on the couch). I walk out to the living room and find a dozen roses in a beautiful vase and another heart shaped box of chocolates with a card and balloons!


I kiss this boy to wake him up and say thank you then take him to bed so he can sleep! I couldn't have been more surprised or had any better of a Valentines Day! We met up with my best friend who was in town from Reno for the weekend and had a Samballatte date (our favorite).

We went to the driving range at Canyon Gate and my husband put hands on good clubs for the first time in his life. You wouldn't have been able to tell the way he was hitting though! We had dinner that night with my dad, brother, and a life-long family friend couple Travis and Lila. 

It was perfect. And we can't wait for Boyz II Men this coming Friday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

The baby boy's GRAND entrance!

Farewell LuLaRoe!