2 0 1 4 . . . .

I've officially chosen my new "word of the year"!
I am excited about doing this again this year. I've done it that last few years with my best friend and it has been an awesome experience!
Last year my word was patience.

This year I have chosen the word EMBRACE.

embrace [v]:
hold someone closely in one's arms, especially as a sign of affection
accept or support a belief, theory, or change willingly and enthusiastically

I have never been good at accepting change in my life. My biggest lesson of patience last year was a lot of accepting change. This year is gonna be even more. I've chosen embrace to challenge myself to continue doing that. Not just accept change but to support it. Being a newlywed there isn't may bigger changes than learning to live with a brand new person, not just a roommate but sharing EVERYTHING with. My time, my space, my energy, my stress, my love, my pain, my monthly issues (the worst), and my happiness! It is a crazy thing to get used to. As we embark on this year we are expecting even more change to come our way. We both are planning to start school. Nu'u is beginning to figure out what he will be doing as a career for the rest of his life. We are discussing where and when the best time is to have kids. Wether we should move back to the Centennial Hills area or stay in Summerlin. Wether we want to move and settle down here or in Utah, where my heart is. As of now we both have spent LOTS of time at home and with each other and I hope you don't take this the wrong way…I'm excited for that to be over. As much as I love spending time with my husband two things I have learned from too much time is, I need a break, and I'd rather it be cherished time, privileged time. Not just time that is expected every day. When we are both busy we are forced to actually appreciate the time we are able to spend together. I can't wait for that.

I really hope I will have as good of an experience with my word of the word this year as I did last year. I am ready to willingly embrace the inevitable change that is bound to come our way this year. I am ready to embrace my husband and the faults I find in him and our relationship. I am ready to embrace and fight to fix my own faults and hope that my husband will continue to deal with me. He's amazing btw. Did I mention that? I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else. No one has ever made me smile as much and drive me crazy to extremes I've never seen in me before. And somehow make me fall more and more in love with him over and over every single day! I am feeling so blessed at the kick off of this year and I truly cannot wait to EMBRACE the rest of things that are coming our way, good and bad!

Cheers to the New Year friends! I challenge you to choose a word of the year this year and every year and have a desire to learn more about others and yourself throughout the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

The baby boy's GRAND entrance!

Farewell LuLaRoe!