BABYMOON!

Babymoon (n.)
A period of time a couple takes to be alone before their baby is born




And what better place to go than the beautiful islands of Hawai'i? We left for the islands the day after my birthday which was a friday. We stopped down in Oahu for 3 days to celebrate our one year anniversary! (Don't miss this!) It was absolutely amazing and unforgettable. I will forever be amazed at the time and effort my husband puts into things when he acts so nonchalant about upcoming events and what he's planning. It is the best thing ever and keeps me so surprised! 



We got to spend so much quality time with family in Maui. My cousin Aubrey just had a baby in April and we got to hang out with her a bunch! Nu'u is the active type. He always wants to be a part of and participate in the activities that everyone is doing. On this trip, being pregnant, I wasn't up for doing much more than relaxing, plus the activities I've never not gone to do in Hawai'i I couldn't. I.e horseback riding, zip lining, and scuba diving. So every chance he got to go fishing, kayaking and paddle boarding I was basically shooing him out the door! I wanted him to have fun going and doing everything and when he got tired or done with something he would come back and hangout with me just relaxing. It worked out really well because the boys went out and were having a blast and I hung out mostly with Aunt Lisa, Aubrey and baby Grace! Hawai'i has always been one of my favorite trips for that reason alone, the time I get to hang out with my favorite part of the family constantly. We spend so much time laughing and playing volleyball and other games and just having a blast being all together. It is the best. I always get a little sad when we get home because we don't see the family as much. After we get home though we get together the most between our Hawaii trip and Christmas then after that we don't see each other much until our next Hawaii trip. Hopefully now with babies around again we will get together more often as a family. My baby shower, when the baby is born, and then his blessing, will all be times in the next couple months we get together.


Anyway, so we got to spend two weeks in Hawai'i this year including of course 4th of July!






We took some fun pictures that night and my brother is really good at this stuff so he sent me a lot of them. 







Ashley is on the left and she was leaving the next morning for Cambodia for 6 weeks. She and I are only 4 months apart and we've always been the closest of cousins. Aubrey on the right is the one that just had a baby. Does she not look super great?!



We spent a lot of time relaxing, watching movies, playing on the beach, playing volleyball on the grass outside our villas, and laughing. I can never be around this side of my family weather is sitting down for dinner or doing something active, that we are not laughing. 


This was one of my favorite trips so far. We had so much time bonding and laughing with each other. We spent a great deal of time falling even more in love with each other. Over candle dinners, drives to Lahaina, relaxing on the beach, reading books and just simply being together. We've been married a year now and you can see the difference in the way we talk to each other and get along now a days. It's just better. All around. 

We had so much fun spending quality time together before this baby comes and takes up all of our attention. We cannot wait for this little guy to come and add to our family but we will miss (only a little) the alone time we have with practically no effort. With a year under our belt I think that it will do just that though, add to our absolutely perfect life and happiness! 


No filter and taken on my iPhone. Thanks Hawai'i! <3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

5 Top Tips for Pregnancy Survival!

Charlie meets the dentist...