OKLAHOMA!

Every year for a few years now my dad has taken me and let me crash the only boys trip I'm allowed to crash! 

He does business with a guy named Charlie Caldwell in Oklahoma and Charlie hosts a big fishin competition every year the first weekend of June. Every year they get a bigger and better turn out. This year they had about 100 guys out there ready to fish and every year is the same schedule. We fish off of Lake Texoma from Soldier Creek. Everyone travels Thursday or Friday to usually Dallas from all over the world. They make their way down to the cabins there at Soldier Creek that Charlie rents out for them. Friday night they close down a restaurant called Sanford's in a little town called Kingston where the whole group has dinner together. While there everyone puts in 20 bucks a person to the pot and 20 bucks a boat for the guides. 

Saturday morning bright and EARLY we wake up and head down to the cafe on the dock for breakfast before we head out on the board. 

Nu'u got to spend his first Oklahoma trip on probably my last. Next year I'll have to stay with the baby then when I don't have to he'll get to go with Dad and I'll let them have a boys weekend! I was pretty nervous about our ride out to where we were fishing because it was REALLY windy and the water a bit choppy. Dad told our guide I was pregnant as soon as we got on so he was being careful and considerate but it was tough for a little. I just held on to my belly and mainly tried to relax. The more I tensed up there more it felt painful and tight in my belly and uncomfortable which I knew didn't feel good. The more I relaxed the calmer my tummy felt. Our little ninja was kicking all day long so I never got too scared! Unfortunately we had our worst year of fishing! Two years ago we won the jackpot! Dad was super proud and last year insisted we have the same guide, which ended up not doing much for us. It's always changing and this year was just tough. And it was tough all over. We could hear the other guys out there through the radio complaining about how little they were finding. So it wasn't the greatest but we had fun. Nu'u had a really good time just with the experience! We caught one tiny striper and two catfish. Nu'u was just thrilled that he caught a fish in whole new way. In tonga they spear fish or use nets with like 60 guys in shallow water. So this whole thing was very new and fun for him! He'll love going next year when it's not so bad and I'm not there! ;) All in all we had a really good time with each other, Nu'u, Tj, dad and I just takin a break from the world! For them, of course... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

5 Top Tips for Pregnancy Survival!

Charlie meets the dentist...