Welcome to Providence!

Hello HEAVEN!
I cannot tell you how excited I was to move out of Summerlin! No offense but I just do not belong there! I was raised from the age of 1 1/2 till I was married in the Centennial Hills area, which was named that LONG after our house was built. When my parents built the house I lived in for 20 years we were "the middle of nowhere" and since then of course it has been one of the most developed areas in the city!

When we got married the first thing that was decided was that Nu'u was going to attend Chef school and take the Culinary Arts program and Le Courdon Bleu. So the rest of decisions made like where we would live and what we would be doing were based off of that. Since they have a location in Summerlin right off of Town Center we decided to look in the area for a place to live. We moved in August of 2013 just over a month after we got married. After having some troubles with enrolling at Le Courdon Bleu Nu'u found out that he would have to be getting a GED because his diploma was not equivalent to that of a US high school diploma. Yeah annoying. I know. So after 3-4 LONG months he finally attained his GED. That thing is hard and I felt really bad for him. Math isn't an easy subject even when you're studying it every day, he had been out of school for 5 years at this point and basically had to re learn high school math! How terrible does that sound? Anyway, he passed with just a few days to spare before the new year which meant he would have to start over on all sections of testing wether he had passed or failed at that point because the test was changing. Of course once he got it though he says "what if I don't want to go to chef school?" ummm don't?? haha I then told him that he never had to do anything he didn't want to do, especially something HE has to pay for. So he quickly decided he didn't want to do that anymore.

Now about 4 1/2 months later with the opportunity to move and with a baby on the way we of course wanted to be closer to my parents and even more so out of Summerlin! It was nice and all but some of the people we had to deal with were not so fun and the HOA where we were living brought a VERY unpleasant experience. It is not my favorite being around filthy rich people that act filthy rich. And that is what Summerlin is full of. I am super in love with our new area and a new area to the city called Providence! The homes are so cute and absolutely family and puppy friendly! There is a cute park around the corner and I am already loving our neighbors who have reached a hand out to say hello from the second we began to move in. We are already happier here all around with all small factors than we ever were living in Summerlin. It is so much fun being closer to my parents and everything I am familiar with! I love this area so much more in Summerlin because I didn't feel like I belonged there. It just wasn't for me! Anyway, needless to say WE LOVE IT and I can't wait for our future here, kids, pups and family time! And of course I am SO excited to decorate the nursery!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From day one...my breastfeeding journey!

The baby boy's GRAND entrance!

Farewell LuLaRoe!